blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Motivation?

Motivation?

Postby knightsilver » June 29th, 2009, 7:46 pm

How do ya keep your self Motivated?

I had a bad day, didnt get anything done today.

thanks,
shane
knightsilver
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Motivation?

Postby Dictator-for-life » June 29th, 2009, 9:19 pm

I like to do random experiments and use what I've learned to propell me farther. End results are motivating also, if you have really planned something out thoroughly and it all goes well. Even bad days can be good days, if you learn from your mistakes. Besides, sometimes the blue glow of the computer screen and the hum of your computer just gets to you, it's impossible.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby IrascibleOne » June 29th, 2009, 10:54 pm

I dunno really, over the last week I've struggled with the same thing and Imantu. Today I finally got something done (A new poll system! It's not AJAX though so the page reloads... :( ) The thing is for me though, many times I just force myself to do whatever I need to do.

Some days I am just pumped to jump on the computer whip up a boatload of PHP and try to get up something new on Imantu or something. Other days I am just overwhelmed and just can't focus. Overall, I think looking at the final outcome of whatever I'm doing usually helps too. The more I work on it now, the better of I will be later. I'm always looking in the long run.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nismo » June 30th, 2009, 1:36 am

I have gone for weeks sometimes when I haven't opened Blender at all then suddenly i'll have an idea and that kick starts a new project. Another thing I do is set tutorial sites as my homepages and check them regularly, that's good for inspiration as is lurking around the bigger forums looking at the art work.

I used to worry about not doing anything, but forcing your self to do something probably won't be much better unless there's deadlines involved.

Nismo

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby sgt pants » June 30th, 2009, 7:54 am

if you get frustrated with something, i very much recommend taking a nap. it helps your brain get back in gear, and sometimes you really need to just think about what you are doing and how you are going to do it.
Don't worry, they have confirmed that the chance that a sustainable black hole will form and consume the earth is quite small.

Why has a developer ever needed any reason other than "it looks bloody awesome?"

Cargo Bay 1
my website
sgt pants
Useful
Useful

Postby knightsilver » June 30th, 2009, 8:01 am

thanks guys!
knightsilver
Contributor
Contributor

Return to The Lounge