blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Hello!

Hello!

Postby Dictator-for-life » November 5th, 2015, 4:30 pm

It's been 4 years since I've last been on DS and wow, time sure flies when you're having fun.

I am now 22 years of age. I graduated from school with a BS in Software Engineering and an AS in Hardware Engineering. I have a full time internship deal going on right now and I am very content with life!

I remember my DS days fondly. I remember the little competitions we had around here and the tutorials we'd write to improve the community :)
I wish I could come back here and say I practiced with Blender for 4 years, but somehow life gets really busy; I haven't touched Blender in years.
Fortunately, I have always loved web development and that fills my void for artistic experimentation quite handedly :)

I just wanted to stop by. I am at work right now and I accidentally clicked on a dusty old Blender materials link. It reminded me of this community and I had to see if everybody was still alive. Great memories in my old pm's and posts. You guys are great.

I see major improvements from Brektzar, Spartan-001, and DJM. I remember everybody on the "leaderboard" on the front page. IrascibleOne! I was always really impressed of your skills. I copied my Blender color scheme to match your videos because I liked DS so much. I come back to DS and I can't say I'm surprised to see it's changed once more :) That car tutorial though, I still remember the render to this day. I miss Nismo, it is sad to see that he still has not returned.

I'm waiting for my life to settle down a bit more, but I hope to get back into Blender at some point. Expect to see more of me if that happens :)
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hello!

Postby djm » November 9th, 2015, 10:58 pm

Long time no see, man! :)

Hopefully we will get to see some DFL-renders soon once more!
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » November 11th, 2015, 6:48 pm

Welcome back! Even if it's just for a visit. :D

IrascibleOne! I was always really impressed of your skills. I copied my Blender color scheme to match your videos because I liked DS so much.

Thank you! <3 That means a lot to me, it really does. It's really nice to think DS has made a positive impact on someone. I don't think I was ever as good as people seemed to think though :P. All of you were just as skilled and knowledgeable as I was and the few who are still active on the site surpassed me ages ago. I'm just a noob who learned by teaching others while hoping I wouldn't cause too much damage along the way. :oops:

In any case, I'll still be here if you decide to stick around for another tour of duty! Very nice to hear from you again! :)
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » November 11th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Hey, everyones favorite dictator!

Welcome back DFL!
Glad to hear your life is going in the direction you want. Hopefully you can find som spare time for DS too ;-) even if youre not doing blender stuff you can stick around and chat every now and then. :-P

And irascible, if you need a confidence boost, read what DFL wrote again. If you were any less than what people thought of you it would show in the tutorials you make, but it doesnt, everything top notch. You have come a long way too, just look at the site!
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby SPARTAN-001 » January 25th, 2016, 8:04 pm

Oh wow. I happened to see DJM online on Skype, and decided to log in on a whim. It's been a long, long time. I too have not touched Blender in forever, but I still remember the good old days when I spent hours on end doodling with particle effects, or tweaking the lighting to get it just right. Perhaps I'll have to lurk here more often.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Sazex » March 12th, 2016, 2:37 am

Is this the reunion thread? Cause I'd like to sign my name here as well haha
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Postby brektzar » March 12th, 2016, 11:05 am

Hey Sazex! Welcome back :D
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to The Lounge