blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Website Design

Website Design

Postby IrascibleOne » November 25th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Lately I have been feeling the urge to make a web layout, so over the last couple of days I have been slowly working on this. It's not really for anything at the moment, I'm think I might try to sell it, but mainly it was for personal improvement. Critiques are appreciated, as always.
43.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Website Design

Postby brektzar » November 26th, 2009, 9:41 pm

I have to say i really like it! Especially the blue under the navigation buttons.
However i do feel that theres something missing, i just cant put my finger on it :S But it IS a really nice layout.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Dictator-for-life » November 29th, 2009, 11:53 am

Yes, I agree with Brektzar, I think it's the black on the left hand side. I think it would look better if those two tables(?) were center valigned to the sea turtle image and if the turtle image was moved down a little bit. I would probably make a more obvious distinction between those two entries and then if I did that, I would probably have to make a special border around About Us, but then Gallery and Affiliates would look a little left out so I'd probably make a border for them too. Nevermind, but I would definitely center valign the two entries to the giant image and pull the giant image down a little.

Also, it looks great, but when I think tropical nature or the ocean, I don't usually picture a grungy splash or metallic titles. It would work, blue, silver, and the ocean go well together, but I am just not seeing the rain forest reference (toucan) in the color scheme (green, red, white are not in your color scheme), so it's a little.. off.. Maybe you were going for exotic?

NICE work though, I really like the radial fades, the splash header, and how you arranged Gallery with the toucan image. Hope I wasn't confusing. Post was too long, sorry :)
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SPARTAN-001 » November 29th, 2009, 12:25 pm

I like the layout. What did you use to make it?
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby IrascibleOne » November 29th, 2009, 12:50 pm

SPARTAN-001 wrote:What did you use to make it?

PSE 3, and yes I know its crusty old but I like it enough to use it. The only problem is that is kinda weird with Vista...
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby benicemi » December 4th, 2009, 9:13 am

I can say that the website design is really nice, you've done an amazing work on the design. I really love the navigation bar. It is quite artistic and awesome. Just to think about the idea on how the design had been completed, it is really a good idea of designing a website.
benicemi

Postby IrascibleOne » December 4th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Dictator-for-life wrote:Yes, I agree with Brektzar, I think it's the black on the left hand side. I think it would look better if those two tables(?) were center valigned to the sea turtle image and if the turtle image was moved down a little bit. I would probably make a more obvious distinction between those two entries and then if I did that, I would probably have to make a special border around About Us, but then Gallery and Affiliates would look a little left out so I'd probably make a border for them too. Nevermind, but I would definitely center valign the two entries to the giant image and pull the giant image down a little.

Also, it looks great, but when I think tropical nature or the ocean, I don't usually picture a grungy splash or metallic titles. It would work, blue, silver, and the ocean go well together, but I am just not seeing the rain forest reference (toucan) in the color scheme (green, red, white are not in your color scheme), so it's a little.. off.. Maybe you were going for exotic?

NICE work though, I really like the radial fades, the splash header, and how you arranged Gallery with the toucan image. Hope I wasn't confusing. Post was too long, sorry :)

For whatever reason I seemed to have completely overlooked your post :? - which is mind boggling because of how big it is...anyways - There are no tables, I have not coded it up yet (I use DIVs anyways) but I do think that if I ever decide to take this out of Photoshop I will make some changes and there are a few things I would add that you can't see in the image. For the most part I was never really sure about the body and footer because I really struggled on thinking of what to do after I had done the header and nav.

As for the pictures, they were just random images from the sample pack that came with my computer, there really is no correlation between the images and the layout. I was too lazy to get something to fit with it...

And thanks to everyone's comments! I appreciate 'em!
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Foster_7 » April 10th, 2014, 10:26 pm

I took help from self storage web site design where i get plenty of new and unique designs. I believe that designing is the most attractive part of any website. It should be good in all aspect.
Foster_7

Return to Showcase