blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

My car model

Re: My car model

Postby brektzar » April 12th, 2015, 11:16 am

Hmm, dont worry about the samples all too much, but render it with more light. That will reduce the fireflies and decrease render times.
I would say set your samples at 500 and add more light.

The car,. its going to need some more tweaking but its looking really good so far! :D
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby stardavid » April 12th, 2015, 12:23 pm

Ok thanks. I will try that out. The car needs lots of tweaking. Basically this is my 3rd car to model. The first was a chevy camaro. It was one of my first models. I deleted the model cuz of lack of knowledge. I joined every piece together and did not know i could seperate them :D the second one was a ferrari 599 gtb. Its not complete til date cuz its ful of a mixture of triangles and quads. Though it remaining few things to add to it to make it complete. So this is actually my 1st complete car with a basic interior, thats why its that like a real car. I hope my next cars would be awesome :D Thanks for your help.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » September 3rd, 2015, 2:48 am

Hey guys, i just finished following irascibleone tutorial on modeling honda hsv 10 gt. At least i got the edges of the car this time in my modeling which was missin from my ferrari. Am giving it shaders now but i cant seem to get the shaders to be like the real car. I wil update this thread when am done. And i will also update my ferrari giving it some edges and improving the looks if possible.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » September 3rd, 2015, 6:10 pm

Shaders tend to be where I ruin my works. It's a big reason I don't go over it in that tutorial. Speaking of my tutorial, did it work out alright for you? Anything outdated or otherwise incorrect that you think I should update?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » September 7th, 2015, 2:19 pm

Hey guys, am done rendering the front of the car. Almost all the details are there except the wind shield wipers and some other things. The super gt logo is glowing but i fixed that in the second image wich i'l upload later. The tires luk to be crosing the glossy floor. I tried to fix this but it wont fix in the renderer when i give some space between the tires and the floor. It only fix in the preview. I'l upload the back later. Hope u guys like it. Irascible one , i think u shuld add how to create those fine luking edges in the car. I had strugled with that for some time til i finaly found out. And also how u got ur tires to luk so nice. Any way apart from those, the tutorial was simple and gud. Thanks for your help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby brektzar » September 7th, 2015, 2:43 pm

Nice! I would definitely say that you've improved since the Ferrari.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby stardavid » September 7th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Thanks, i really appreciate your comment :)
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » September 18th, 2015, 4:38 am

Ok here is the final render. I fixed some issues. Hope you like it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby brektzar » September 18th, 2015, 7:02 am

You have done a seriously nice jobb on this!
But to me it looks like the body is quite low poly, may i ask why?

EDIT:
Rotate either the back or the front wheel, ive never seen any wheel sets that perfectly in sync ;)
The front and rear tires and rims are exactly the same rotation, you will most likely not see that irl.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby stardavid » September 18th, 2015, 8:49 am

Yes its low poly. It has 65121 faces. Including the tires. I decided to make it low poly becuase of the computer i use is starting to show its age. And increasing the polys to sometin above 500000 polys wuold make the computer realy slow and also am kinda used to low poly cars :D . Its because of the angle of the camera facing the car thats why you can see both the front and back rim. The back wheel wasnt rotated, i only rotated the front(i think this is what you are trying to say. Right?). Ok. I here is the back view. I forgot 1 shader :think:
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext
Return to Showcase