blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

My car model

My car model

Postby stardavid » December 7th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Hello everyone, here is a model i just finished rendering a few days ago. I would like to ask how to screen shot in blender. I tried the screen shot option the windows button but after saving the image, when opened it shows a completely black image. Why? So am i free to upload blend file
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Re: My car model

Postby bonrw1 » December 8th, 2014, 1:02 am

There are a few ways you can get a pic of you're model.
1: Render it?
2: do a openGL render, or if you're on a Mac, hit Ctrl Cmd 4
Hope this helps ;)
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby stardavid » December 8th, 2014, 1:24 pm

My camera is not actually good, so i guess i have to screen shot the image within blender but it shows a black image which i dnt know how to fix. Any way thanks for the help
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » December 8th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Not sure why you would get a black image, don't think I've had that problem myself. This is happening when using Ctrl-F3 in Blender (or when hitting spacebar and typing in 'Screenshot')? Did you try saving as a different file type to see if that worked?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bonrw1 » December 9th, 2014, 1:21 am

Have you tried doing an OpenGL render? Go to the render menu at the top of blender, near the file tab, there is render image, render animation, and under that, openGL render image and openGL render animation. It will render an image of directly where you're facing on the blender viewport. It's basically like a screenshot. I hope this isn't too confusing!

-Bonrw1
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby stardavid » December 15th, 2014, 10:55 am

Ok here it is. I had to render the image with f12 and then save image. I actually dont like that rendering cuz it not the way i wanted it that is the colors are some how wrong due to my compositing and i prefer using the renderer in the 3d viewport where you get to select between solid and wireframe because that brings the color out a bit and some other things. So any way here it is. :D hope you like it.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » December 15th, 2014, 10:58 am

Oops sorry
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » December 15th, 2014, 12:59 pm

Is attaching files to the forum not working? I'll have to double check the max file size, since it might have been messed up with the last update I did...should be at 2MB or so.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » December 16th, 2014, 1:21 pm

i guess the upload is not working. may be its my browser cuz the image size is 400 kb. i will try to upload again with a different browser if it would work.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » December 18th, 2014, 11:04 am

Ok. I think i got it nw
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Next
Return to Showcase