blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Spot the difference ^.^

Spot the difference ^.^

Postby Nismo » April 19th, 2009, 11:24 am

As a break from the DB4 I've taken up my old hobbie of modifying cars in photoshop, i've started off gently with the new nissan 370z and only done some basic things to get the hang of everything

The orginal

Modified

Not to happy with the driver but hey :P

http://www.digimods.co.uk/virtualcars.htm - The professional :lol:
http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm - .....and his tuts for anyone who wants a go

Any requests/ideas for car/modification combination's are welcome as I work better with a defined goal :mrgreen:

Nismo

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Re: Spot the difference ^.^

Postby Dictator-for-life » April 19th, 2009, 11:43 am

That's a pretty decent job! My only critique would be that the copy is not too convincing. The wheels, the front, and the rear looks about right, but something about the body just doens't seem quite right.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nismo » April 19th, 2009, 11:47 am

Yeah I see what you mean, i think maybe the ground doesn't look like it's going as fast as the wheels not sure though.

Nismo

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » April 19th, 2009, 2:20 pm

Here's my critique:

Your motion blur of the car is a little funky. I would try to remove the motion blur of the car in the front and just motion blur the back. Motion blur on the front and back implies vibration so, for me, it seems to conflict with the rest of the image. Also, the back wheel looks too big, as the tire is almost non-existent at the very back.

I have to say, I think the indent on the door looks very good, it took me a while to notice it. The blurring of the background also looks good to me, I liked that.

I think something you could do is put a car in a completely different scene, as is frequently done on that site. There hardest part for that would be making the edges look good around the car and having the lighting match, I would think.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Showcase